Castello di Cafaggio
Via del Ferrone, 58, 50023 Impruneta Firenze, Italia
Tel: +39 055 2012085 | E-mail: email@example.com
From North and South Italy
Autostrada A1, exit Firenze-Impruneta
– Turn right following blue signs for Impruneta (6 km).
– After about 1 km, take the first left turn.
– Having passed through the town of Tavarnuzze, follow signs for Impruneta, heading left (the road begins to climb).
– After 5 km you will reach Impruneta.
– Pass through the main church square and head for the next square (Piazza Accursio da Bagnolo, a large car park).
– Turn right immediately following signs for Ferrone, then turn right again at the top of the square to enter Street del Ferrone.
– After 800 metres, on the right beside an orange sign showing School Crossing, enter at number 58 and follow the un-metalled road for 500 metres to the Castle.
- Florence Train Station Santa Maria Novella : 12 km
- Florence Airport : 24 km
- Pisa Airport : 90 km
- Pistoia: 40 km
- San Gimignano: 45 km
- Siena: 60 km
- Volterra: 68 km
- Arezzo: 80 km
- Lucca: 80 km
- Montalcino: 103 Km
- Cortona: 120 km
- Venezia: 250 km
Musician, oil taster, sommelier and a consummate pastrycook.
After having travelled and sung far and wide, she now loves to entertain her guests and look after her land and her adorable dogs.
Decorator and restorer, she has transformed the castle bringing many hidden gems back to light. Curious and cheerful by nature, she is a wonderful cook, expert in the care of her roses and a magnificent maître des fêtes. She loves to tell stories and to listen to them…
Our very own mascot! When he grows up, he says he’d like to become a detective like Inspector Clouseau from the Pink Panther but for the moment, he’s extremely chuffed at having been nominated, as one of the castle guards. During the summer holidays, he gets a kick out of serving breakfast to our guests and making secret dens in the woods.
Like a sister, Gaia’s charming, well-read and very funny. Art runs in her family too as her grandfather was a famous, Florentine wood carver and was in charge of the decoration and restoration of important monuments all over the world. Busy with the family’s craft workshop, she didn’t hold back when I asked her to help me furnish the apartments and restore the historical rooms in the castle.
And that’s how we started this new adventure of ours, immersed in fabrics, colouring pencils and art books. Together, we scoured the darkest corners of the castle in our search for dusty, hidden furniture and family belongings and uncovered some little treasures that, under her guidance, were brought back to life, fresh and light but without eradicating the heritage that they carry.
We’ll be posting some pictures soon of the results but the feedback we’ve had so far from our guests has been very positive indeed.
Giovanni Mimmo e Beppino
Our invaluable team of helpers give us a hand in a whole host of everyday activities, from agriculture to renovation. As they know everything there is to know about the castle, the grounds and the farm, they help us to find us ingenious solutions to problems that arise without losing sight of our traditions. It is to their credit that our oil and wine are so well regarded.